One of the most annoying things about buying a new computer is all of the trial software you will have to deal with. You know all of those, “Try our security program for 90 days! And then we’ll annoy you to subscribe for an eternity!” Sure you can remove it all, but it’s a pain. Don’t you wish you could buy a computer that didn’t come with any of that stuff? Well, there is a solution, and it’s called the Dell Vostro line.

Last night I ran into an old acquittance while I was out shopping, and he started telling me about his computer woes. He had been out shopping that day for a new computer and was lamenting all the trial software he would have to deal with.  I told him about Dell’s Vostro line, and it was then I remembered this has only ever really been marketed to small & medium businesses, but to the best of my knowledge, anyone can order them.

The concept of the line is simple enough in that the only software it comes with is what you request.  In other words, if you order Microsoft Office with it, it comes with that, if you don’t order it, it does not come with a trial version.  Don’t order security software?  No trial of that either.  There is absolutely nothing on this system except for Dell diagnostic software, the operating system of your choice and other miscellaneous little tools that help run the computer.  There is absolutely no trial software anywhere on the system.  Period.

The Vostro line has existed for a couple of years now, and I now have two desktops and three laptops from the Vostro line (one laptop is semi-retired), and not a one of them came with any trial software.  It isn’t a gimmick, it isn’t a trick, it just is.  The systems are solid, and while I’ve had an issue here or there, Dell has fixed them all.  Why and how Dell can do this, I have no idea, but I’m sure never going to argue with it.

So, if you need a new system, and have no desire to deal with all that junk software, give the Vostro line a look.

Categories: General Computing Tips

7 Responses so far | Have Your Say!

1. lenovo hp laptops at walmart
    November 23rd, 2013 at 5:25 am #

Hola! I’ve been reading your weblog for some time now and finally got

the bravery to go ahead and give you a shout out from New Caney Texas!

Just wanted to say keep up the fantastic job!

2. paratlanparos.hu
    March 20th, 2014 at 11:44 pm #

An imbalance of proper neurotransmitters, particularly a lack of receptors that can produce enough

seretonin, can change our moods and thoughts in

a dramatic way. Bitter orange extract chemicals

may increase heart rate, blood pressure, migraines and cause fainting, strokes and heart attacks.

HS TRIM is a comprehensive organic nutritional supplement that will

make you much better, physically as well as mentally.

My blog cambogia garcinia reviews (paratlanparos.hu)

3. Natural Human Growth Hormone Facts
    July 3rd, 2014 at 3:30 am #

Thanks for sҺɑring ƴour thoughts on hormone california.

Regards

4. Macfinest
    April 25th, 2015 at 10:28 am #

Hey Sean,
    thanks for a great article! Loved the title.

5. Convert 3 4 Oz To Tablespoons
    December 13th, 2015 at 1:03 am #

You can find Blue Bell Vanilla Ice Cream Cups in the ice cream section of most

grocery stores that you shop in. However not all fats are created equal, you want to avoid the saturated kind

(as found in animals) and consume. Celsius Convert 3 4 Oz To Tablespoons fahrenheit

6. security cameras jackson tn
    December 13th, 2015 at 1:09 am #

We could possibly be unaware with regards to a burglary occurring at this very instance plus the numerous others happening every minute in the day.

Because of the, they actually do not contain the right features a good security out device has.

Security cameras used with iphone As soon since

its transmitters expertise signal interruptions, it could well

be impossible to breed the pictures that the wireless security cameras jackson tn photographic camera could capture.

The device has features a superior-quality camera that permits the users to capture

precious moments with their lives in the different way.

Any indoor buildings like apartment buildings,

houses, businesses, schools, stores, and restaurants would benefit having security camera systems.

7. harga kursi kantor
    June 1st, 2017 at 9:59 pm #

I’m not ?ure where yo? are getting your info, b?ut great

topic. I needs to spend some time learning more or understanding

more. Thanks for excellent inf? I was looking for this

inf?rmati?n for m?y miss?on.