Barbie is one of those brands that just won’t die, and to celebrate her 125th career, she’s getting into a new job with a big future: computer engineer.

Mattel, the company behind the Barbie line, held a contest to select Barbie’s 125th career, and the winner was that of a computer engineer.

Pictured here (click the image for a massively larger picture), Computer Engineer Barbie comes with a highly appropriate outfit for her new job.  To create an authentic look, Barbie designers worked closely with the Society of Women Engineers and the National Academy of Engineering to develop the wardrobe and accessories for Computer Engineer Barbie. Wearing a binary code patterned tee and equipped with all the latest gadgets including a smart phone, Bluetooth headset, and laptop travel bag, Computer Engineer Barbie is geek chic.

“All the girls who imagine their futures through Barbie will learn that engineers — like girls — are free to explore infinite possibilities, limited only by their imagination,” says Nora Lin, President, Society of Women Engineers. “As a computer engineer, Barbie will show girls that women can turn their ideas into realities that have a direct and positive impact on people’s everyday lives in this exciting and rewarding career.”

At the same time, Barbie’s 126th career was announced to be that of a news caster.  Apparently Barbie can’t hold down a job.

While I understand this isn’t normal StarterTech-fare, I worked as a toy correspondent in the 1990′s, and the toy industry still holds a soft spot in my heart … forgive me this one, folks.

Categories: News

6 Responses so far | Have Your Say!

1. Jennifer Abej
    February 15th, 2010 at 12:36 pm #

Yup.. Barbie is looking very beautiful in her new look.. Computer Eng.. NICE ONE. Thanks

2. Yazzie
    August 7th, 2013 at 6:23 pm #

Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I actually like what you’ve acquired here, really like what you are saying and the way in which you say it.

You make it enjoyable and you still care for to keep it

smart. I can’t wait to read much more from you. This is actually a wonderful website.

3. roulette chat
    March 6th, 2014 at 7:47 pm #

Can I just say what a comfort to uncover somebody that actually understands what they are talking about on

the web. You actually realize how to bring an issue to light and make it important.

A lot more people should read this and understand this side of your story.

It’s surprising you’re not more popular given that you certainly possess the gift.

4. meendo cams
    May 6th, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

Hi there! This is kind of off topic but I need some advice from an established blog.

Is it difficult to set up your own blog? I’m not very techincal but I can figure things out pretty quick.

I’m thinking about setting up my own but I’m not sure where to start.

Do you have any points or suggestions? Thank you

5. Bonga Cams
    July 7th, 2014 at 8:39 pm #

It’s not my first time to pay a quick visit this website, i am browsing this web site dailly and obtain fastidious facts from here everyday.

6. Ruth Renninger
    September 18th, 2016 at 12:30 am #

ride the lightning

• Your Add Here
  • Search & Win
  • J&R Computer/Music World

Warning: get_object_vars() expects parameter 1 to be object, null given in /home/starter/public_html/wp-content/plugins/intensedebate/intensedebate.php on line 584