weave logoWhat is Mozilla Weave, and why is it something you need to ponder?

Weave is going to be a new addition to Firefox that allows you to synchronize your setting, bookmarks and passwords across multiple computers.  This will even allow you to someday log in from an unknown computer and access all of your information, deleting all traces of your activity as soon as you log out.  One other exciting feature is that it will let you end a session on one computer, and resume it on another with all of the tabs you had opened on the other.

This tool is in very early testing, and may not be suited to everyone at this point, but it is certainly something to keep your eye on it. This image below will give you some idea of what the service will do when it is completed.

As we said, this is very early in its development cycle, and if you do choose to give it a try, make sure to backup your Firefox before you install it!  Until it is completed, if you still need to bckup just your bookmarks, don’t forget to check out Foxmarks.

Categories: What Is

6 Responses so far | Have Your Say!

1. Bombchell
    July 16th, 2008 at 2:20 pm #

pretty cool! but i’m also a bit scared.

I think im more excited about finding out how to back up my firefox for future reference! thanks

2. Sean Aune
    July 20th, 2008 at 2:00 am #

I agree with you, nothing will ever beat having an actual back up copy of your own.

3. Sushma
    November 24th, 2014 at 9:16 pm #

DianneSeptember 30, 2012 – 6:35 How wonderful of you to go thourgh the trouble of creating this program and letting us download it for free! Thank you!I also had to download the microsoft .net framework and I was thinking that maybe you should include it in your article for people who might not read the comments. But all in all, great program.

4. Endang
    February 26th, 2015 at 1:55 am #

KarineAugust 20, 2012 – 5:19 Hello William,Thanks for the app, wonderful tool.Please help.The app werkod on my computer but on the mobile -android- it did not. I can’t open the file. I can download it but I get an error message can’t open file .Any suggestions what to do?Best regards

5. Paola
    April 1st, 2015 at 9:19 am #

ever since. We tried everything, but could not get rid of it. On the third day of lkoniog for a solution I found this program, it sounded to good to be true.IT WORKS YES !!!William Wood would you please help Microsoft become more user sensitive?Thanks again

6. San Antonio auto insurance
    April 14th, 2015 at 12:32 pm #

he didn't have a chance. Since they didn't pay any attention to the larger reality, he had to have stolen the election. The thing I wonder about is whether Rush is pandering to the echo chamber or has he lived in it so long that he no longer sees anything outside?